At Harmer, we understand that no two organisations are exactly the same so we don’t try and impose a ‘one size fits all’ type of approach. Through listening to and understanding your concerns we are able to assess precisely what is needed and put together a package that suits you and your budget.
Book-keeping - is it really a good utilisation of your time?
Book-keeping, like most administrative tasks is time consuming and can be intricate and at times deeply frustrating. Your time is much better spent using your core skills to grow your business, in reality, your time should be more valuable than the small amount most book-keepers charge for their services
We take away the stress and frustration, both in terms of the actual physical work and the compliance responsibilities such as filing VAT appropriately and on time. Our services include but are not limited to:
- Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger input - Production of Requisite Reports
- VAT returns
- Accounts Preparation for Sole Traders and Partnerships
- Bank, Credit & Debit Card Account Maintenance and Reconciliations
- Any specific financial related services that you require
Credit Control - who is best suited to the task
Many companies, particularly smaller ones, are often tempted to arrange credit control internally giving the job to a lower level employee, particularly in the accounts department. Whilst the basic needs of the role can be met this way, such staff rarely have the training or inclination to carry out the requisite duties with the skill and knowledge of a trained Credit management operative.
Having worked with many clients over many years in this field we have developed the skills, instincts and knowledge required to implement practices that bring invoice payment in timely and responsibly without adversely affecting the client relationship, often enhancing it by affirming your commitment to professionalism and quality.
These are just some of the duties we can undertake:
- Monitoring customer accounts and pursuing overdue balances
- Customer account reconciliations
- Issue of monthly statements and pre-due reminders
- Due Diligence including pre-Credit offer searches
- Bespoke reporting to suit your individual needs
- Dispute resolution and query management
Commercial Debt Recovery - To sue or not to sue? That is often the question
Our aim is always to recover your monies without recourse to litigation even if the relationship with your client is irreconcilably damaged. Through our initial approach of dialoque it is usually determined quite quickly as to those who have a genuine unresolved issue (or at least believe they do) and those who do not. With this established, the path forward is usually decided within a short space of time.
We endeavour to bring all debtor accounts to a conclusion in a set space of time, generally agreed with you at commencement of working together – dependent upon your industry and any specific difficulties and issues therein. If at the closing date the debt remains unpaid, we will discuss and agree a further action plan with you, if necessary to include legal options – The below is a detailed but not exhaustive list of the services we provide:-
- Verbal, written and electronic Collection procedures
- Letters Before Action
- Pre-Legal assessments
- * Process and notice 'In-Person' service
- * Commercial Litigation
- One off debtor to whole ledger service available
- * Commercial Enforcement
- Dispute/Query Resolution and settlement negotiation
- * International Debt Collection
- * Items marked with an asterisk may be part or wholly outsourced - No such action is ever undertaken, however, without your prior agreement
All our services are bespoke and tailored to your specific needs so please contact us for a no obligation quotation – We do not keep any contact details supplied beyond the specific enquiry unless you become a client.